Cant open OLB client on multiple machines

I was trying to check on a backup this morning and found that we are unable to open the OLB client installed on the local machine. I then tried the same on another machine under a different client account and found the same issue.

When trying to open the OLB client, after entering the OLB password, we get the following error: The value of the property ‘type’ can not be parsed. The error is:Could not load type ‘SOSOnlineBackup. Client.Library.web.CompressibleHttpRequestCreator’ from assembly ‘SOSLibrary’,(C:\program files (x86)\avast business cloud backup\sstorage.exe, Config line 137

The only difference in the error messages between machines is the config line is 116 on another machine that is not working.

Anyone lese seeing this error when trying to open the backup client on machines?

1 Like

The support ticket I have opened for this has been bumped up to T3 support and I continue to find more machines suffering from this error.

1 Like

So by being bumped up to Tier 3, can we assume that this is going to require a program patch being deployed in order to fix it?

1 Like

apparently its now in the hands of the developer, sos online backup.

Also discovered yesterday that the latest installer doesn’t recognize server 2025 as a valid OS, and therefore will not install on it.

Fun times trying to prep new servers…..

1 Like

With Avast Business Hub, you have not problems with Windows Servers 2025:

1 Like

Just managed to install on a 2025 server today. Was failing on policy download before that. Hopefully they’ve sorted it !

1 Like

Almost a month later and still no resolution. Dissapointing.

3 Likes

The issue has finally been resolved. An updated version of OLB has been released. In order to update the machine, I first had to restart it, and then push the update from the portal.

2 Likes

Has the update fixed the OLB issue with all computers for you? I had a ticket open on this and I had to jump through hoops to get the client machines to work. Many uninstalls and reinstalls that ended in failure. Some machines were a struggle to get the full Avast reinstalled. It turned ugly pretty quick. :frowning: The tech support person never mentioned that it was a broader issue.

Yes, after restarting each of the affected servers, I was able to push the update to them via the portal.

2 Likes

Ok, perfect. Thanks for the update. I need to check this forum more often. (I still prefer the old one)

The partners give better support to each other than Avast does, at times.

2 Likes

Sorry for asking, but when you pushed the update from the portal, you just clicked on “Update”?

yes. Just select the device and hit the update button.