New version 26.9 (16.09.2026)

:sparkles: What’s New

GENERAL

:sparkles: No new features at the time of this release.

:wrench: What Was Fixed

GENERAL

:bug: No confirmed fixes at the time of this release.

:warning: Known Issues

GENERAL

:warning: No known issues at the time of this release.

:inbox_tray: How to Install

UPDATE FROM WITHIN THE APP

Open Avast → Settings → Update → Update program

ONLINE INSTALLERS (RECOMMENDED)

:globe_with_meridians: Free Antivirus: https://bits.avcdn.net/insttype_FREE

:globe_with_meridians: Premium Security: https://bits.avcdn.net/insttype_APR

OFFLINE INSTALLERS

:floppy_disk: Free Antivirus: https://bits.avcdn.net/productfamily_ANTIVIRUS/insttype_FREE/platform_WIN/installertype_FULL/build_RELEASE

:floppy_disk: Premium Security: https://bits.avcdn.net/productfamily_ANTIVIRUS/insttype_APR/platform_WIN/installertype_FULL/build_RELEASE

2 Likes

Thanks for the new release :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the update notification.

A little late, but very welcome, especially the bug fixes, etc.

No info on new update what so ever? Just blank, a release with no changes?

1 Like

strange I though there was an active link at the What was fixed, weird.

Nothing fixed and no new features or known issues, nothing fixed.
Ah the version number changed :slight_smile:

Yeah. If there truly are no changes, why insist on a release that month at all? This smells fishy.

Strange, there were changes listed in 26.9 BETA, unless they were rolled back for some reason.

https://community.avast.com/t/new-beta-version-build-26-9-11140/919267

Free version just upgraded itself into Premioum through sequence of stupid deceptive dialogues. Why you people keep doing this bs? Seriously? First you remove the Custom install so I need to reboot twice and do manual removal of components I don’t need or want and now you just go ahead and pre-emptively activate premium even though I didn’t want it. Come on guys. This is stupid. Now I have to uninstall it again, do the whole thing all over again and uncheck the stupid premium features that got enabled by looking like it was just animation, but were apparently actual buttons that were enabling all this premium crap I don’t want or need.

1 Like

For some time Avast Free has been showing Avast Premium installed (from the UI, Menu Option), but very recently it is correctly reporting I have Avast Free installed.

They have to release a new version each month even if there are no changes. Those AI SLOP changelogs are so bad and generic, a human should write them instead.

I’m not so sure about that.
I can recall the beta releases postings in the past reporting something new/fixed. That should at the very least have been in the new release information.

So after a rummage around this is one of the three beta release topics relating to 26.9 (xx.xx.xxxx).