Report to Moderator option missing

How do we report a Topic to Moderator or Admin now. This option is missing in the new forum.

ā€œFlag Postā€ ā†’ ā€œSomething elseā€ would be equivalent.

1. Click ā€œā€¦ā€ (Show more)
  2. Click ā€œ:black_flag:ā€
  3. Select ā€œSomething elseā€ and ā€œFlag Postā€

I can see none of those ā€œFlagā€ options. Maybe because Iā€™m only considered a ā€œBasicā€ user and you are a ā€œLeaderā€ with more functions.

Donā€™t you see this one? According to badge details, ā€œBasicā€ user should be able to use Flag functionsā€¦

Yes the function is there, but there is no way for those with previous permissions to directly deal with the spammer ban and remove spam.

If we arenā€™t careful this new forum will like the old one be inundated by spammers. There were insufficient Avast Team members to deal with spam, Craig and I spent a great deal of time keeping the spam down to a dull roar.

Unless there is a means to pre vet new users checking against known spammer databases this will be just as bad.

1 Like

Where those three dots should be, I only see the ā€˜bookmarkā€™ icon.

I seem to be a basic user, but no flag options.

1 Like

Exactly. No 3 dots, No Flag.
This is a serious issue as members must be provided the means of reporting innapropriate content to Mods/Admin. I hope the devs are looking to resolve this promptly.

I have a test account with ā€œBasicā€ badge and here is the recording that how to use Flag functionsā€¦

Hm, movies somehow canā€™t be playedā€¦

Again: We donā€™t have those three dots. So no functions hidden under there are available to us. Your Basic account must still have more rights or something else is not configured properly.

Test account only has ā€œBasicā€ badgeā€¦ https://community.avast.com/u/non_test/badges

Anyway, in that case, Iā€™m really donā€™t know why you donā€™t have these three dots. Logout ā†’ Login and clearing browser cache/cookies might be the way I can think ofā€¦

Are you sure there are any actual Basic users that do have the three dots? So far I havenā€™t heard from any. You and DavidR have ā€˜Leaderā€™ status, and rocksteady and I are ā€˜Basicā€™. Both of you seem to have the flags, and both of us donā€™t. Looks like a pattern.

Also: with the amount of spam and bots the forum attracts, a more direct link to report would be preferable, instead of having to go trough several submenus. The regression of functionality compared to the old forum is very strange.

Yes Iā€™m sure, why do you think my test account is not a ā€œBasic userā€? You can see account details from the link above. I even confirmed its existence with test account on my smartphone, which I rarely used for forum browsing. And these behavior should be per account, not per real user.

In any case, there are no point in arguing on this anymore. If there is any problems, only admins can fix it.

I didnā€™t say that. Donā€™t put words in my mouth!

Iā€™ve logged out, deleted all Avast cookies, cleared cache, and logged back in again. Still no dots or flags.

According to what I can see in your Profile - It shows a Basic level and that would be the reason.

It would appear that your grade doesnā€™t reflect your old forum status. That needs to be upgraded by an Avast Admin.

b9961

According to badge details, Basic user can use Flag functions. Thatā€™s why I insist he should be able to use it, while he canā€™t somehow.

Sorry to hear that. Now itā€™s up to admins. Iā€™ll ping them for this one.

So if Basic in fact isnā€™t enough to use flag functions, then how does your test account with Basic privileges have them? Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying: your Basic account might still have some additional rights somehow. Maybe because your main account is ā€˜Leaderā€™ status. I donā€™t know. Conversely my account has some extra restrictions for some reason, not reflected by the Basic status?

Either Basic does have these functions, but for some reason rocksteady and I do not. Likely this then also applies to many others. Or Basic does not have these functions, the badge details information is incorrect, and your account somehow inherits rights? ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Iā€™m also not sure why Iā€™m a basic user with all these restrictions in the first place, when Iā€™ve been on the old forum in good standing for a decade or so with all rights that go with that.

Admins just replied me that they changed settings to allow these functions. Can you confirm it?

Donā€™t ask me why, itā€™s a mystery for me too.

FYI. I have now got the three dots.

1 Like