I do not appear to be able to turn off Core Shields on my MACBOOK Pro despite having Administrator rights - how do I turn them off temporarily when the switches just come up with “Well this is embarrassing - try later”?
First, I’m an Avast user and not an Avast Team member.
Second I don’t have a MacBook Pro, so I can’t speak from personal experience.
However, being unable to turn off Core Shields in Windows, if you are outside the Avast application when trying to do this, its self-defence would prevent that administrative action. Where are you trying to do this ?
You could do it from within the program, provided you haven’t set password to protect your settings. In which case you would need to first enter the password. I don’t know if this procedure would be exactly the same for the Avast Mac Security product.
I am trying to do this from inside the program and do not have a password set.
Gave up and uninstalled Premium Security
Not knowing exactly what you did and not having Avast for MAC, I don’t know if it has right click menu on the task bar like windows version of Avast.
A shame you couldn’t have waited a little you might have been able to try this, if it was an option.
If anyone else runs into the same issue, I’d also recommend trying an Avast app repair or a clean reinstall if the shields still won’t respond after an update. It seems like corrupted program files can sometimes cause this kind of behaviour.
