Yes i agree that they should ask about features… but i think it is also because avast 5 = new gui …
and this i think is one of the mainly reasons of this “fever” because avast 4.x skins are going to be too obsolete…not well ordered… and they do not give a lot of infos about what there is inside of it (example when anti-rootkit has been added for the ones who see changelog or follow forums has been clear… but to the ones who just download avast and see gui… they didn’t felt anything new…)
If u look at Kaspersky 6 or 7 GUI u can see that everything has an icon/description and that u can turn it on or off… and is not that they have a lot more features than avast… but they are more able to “sell” it… to give user perception of what the product offer.
I think avast relase a lot of engine updates and that is great but they do it in a too “silent” way … by my point of view should also be considered that little cosmetic changes done by time to time (usually most antivirus make it once per year but avast is a loooong time with same gui… some years i think) could help to give ppl the idea of a new engine inside the software.
I know it may seems stupid but it is a marketing thing… and even if i am not an housewife in front of a computer… i have to admit that by time to time seeing changes in a gui make me happy
Ps if final version is in the first half of 2009… when a stable beta to download could be out? i can’t wait to test! ;D
I will be the first to admit my memory may be suspect with regards to a movie I saw 30 years ago. ;D I have wanted to see it again. I will maybe look around and see if I can find it. It was a lot of interviews of people who knew Jimi interspersed with Concert Footage and interviews with Jimi himself. I liked it a lot when I saw it at college. 30 years ago. :o